Chili is a favorite during the chilly Fall and Winter months. All week we have been traveling, Back to Basics, with some Family Friendly and simple recipes. And what goes better for Tailgating than Chili?
This recipe is from my very good friend, Dawn. I’ve been using this same recipe for years, and it’s the best Chili recipe I have found..probably why she calls it Dawn’s Famous Chili!
- 2 pounds Ground Beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cans Tomato Soup
- 2 cans Water
- 1 large Onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 cans Chili Beans
- 2 cans Pinto Beans
- 2 cans Chili Style Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worchestire Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 5 tablespoons Chili Powder (I usually use a little less)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Dash of pepper
- Cook ground beef, onion and garlic,drain
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-4 hours
We are off to our Homecoming celebration! Enjoy your weekend! We will be back on Monday with a fun Halloween Dinner that’s sure to bring a smile to your families face!