This quick and easy lunch recipe is not only delicious, it’s packed with healthy food. Layers of lettuce, tomatoes, beans and more go into this Taco Salad in a Jar.
With Spring and Summer quickly approaching, it’s nice to have lunch ready to go. We love heading to the park and beach when the weather is nice. With all the traveling we are doing to baseball games this Spring, it’s great to have our lunch (or dinner) packed and ready to eat.
We have been trying to eat better, and honestly, the restaurants that you can get healthy food are few and far between. It also gets expensive to eat out a lot.
You can easily cut and prepare all the layers ahead of time, then the assembly of the salad in a jar goes super quick. Since I work at home, it’s also nice to have lunch ready to eat.
You can certainly put whatever ingredients you like in your Taco Salad. I used salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, homemade corn salsa (we canned it last Fall), Taco Meat (I like to use the Slow Cooker), shredded cheese and tortilla strips for a little crunch.
- Salsa - homemade (recipe here) or store bought
- Lettuce - cleaned and cut
- Tomatoes - cleaned and quartered
- Black Beans - drained and rinsed
- Corn Salsa - homemade (recipe here) or store bought
- Taco Meat - Slow Cooker recipe here
- Cheese - your favorite shredded
- Tortilla Strips or Corn Chips
- Mason Jar - any size will work, I found that wide mouth jars work best
- Cook taco meat
- Cut lettuce and tomatoes
- Drain beans
- Layer ingredients - salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn salsa, taco meat, cheese and tortilla strips
- Add lid to jar
- Store in refrigerator until serving