We all know that using your Slow Cooker can be a great time saver but what about a budget saver. Often times we think of our Slow Cooker as an appliance that helps us get dinner on the table without a lot of effort or time, and it definitely does that. But did you know that it can also help you stretch your grocery dollars.
These Slow Cooker Enchiladas are the perfect example of that. By adding simple, less expensive ingredients like beans to the Slow Cooker, the flavors blend well during the longer cooking process.
All this week, we have teamed up with ALDI to share some of our favorite budget friendly recipes with you. On Monday we shared Barbecue Chicken and Rice, a One Dish meal that goes together really quickly with little clean up involved. Then on Tuesday, we served up Apple Crumble Cupcakes over at Hoosier Homemade.
These Slow Cooker Enchiladas were a nice change of pace from the other recipes that we make in the Slow Cooker. And they were super easy too. We found everything we needed at ALDI and the ingredients were all top quality.
The other nice thing about these Slow Cooker Enchiladas is that you can add or subtract the ingredients you like. Maybe your family doesn’t like green pepper but they like black olives – toss them in! We like the combination of Black and Pinto Beans, but you could certainly change that as well.
After you brown the ground beef, onions and green pepper, add the beans, tomatoes and seasonings. Lightly coat your Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray, then begin with a cup of the ground beef mixture.
Then layer the tortilla and sprinkle with a blend of the cheeses.
Repeat the layers until the ground beef and cheese is gone. Serve with your favorite toppings for a delicious meal your family is sure to love!
You may like these other favorite Slow Cooker Recipes!
- 1 pound Cattlemen’s Ranch All Natural 80% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 can Dakota’s Pride Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- ½ can Dakota’s Pride Canned Pinto Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can Casa Mamita Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, undrained
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Black Pepper
- 1 cup Happy Farms Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Happy Farms Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 6 Benita Flour Tortillas
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef, onions and green pepper until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain
- Add the beans, tomatoes, water and seasonings, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 min.
- Combine the cheeses.
- Coat the inside of the Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray, layer 1 cup of beef mixture on the bottom.
- Cover with tortilla, sprinkle with ⅓ cup cheese. Repeat layers until ingredients are gone.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch