Are you ready for your next family favorite recipe? This Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is sure to become your most requested recipe! But shhh…don’t tell them it’s a super easy and quick dinner. And if that’s not enough to sell you on trying it, it’s a perfect Make-Ahead Meal and can also be frozen!
A layer of the ground beef mixture on the bottom, topped with bacon, cheese and tatertot potatoes – need I say more?
We all love a good Bacon Cheeseburger, now you can have all those great flavors in an easy to put together casserole!
There are several cooking choices too, you can…
- Fix and put together the casserole right before dinner, it should take about 30-40 minutes from start to finish
- Cook the ground beef mixture ahead, freeze, then put together the casserole the night you are going to serve it
- Or assemble everything, wrap it tightly and freeze. Then thaw in the fridge the day you want to serve and pop it in the oven.
Any of these options are a great time savers.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, mild or sharp
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (32 oz) bag frozen potatoes - tatertots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- Over medium-high cook the bacon or cook in oven on a baking rack for about 15 minutes
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion until completely browned and the onions are soft
- Stir in ketchup and mustard and spread mixture into baking dish
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, then cheese
- Top with tatertots
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and mixture in heated through