This 9 layer Vegetarian Taco Dip goes together in minutes! It’s perfect for Taco Night, to serve at parties or to snack on during movie night.
This Taco Dip Recipe, my friends, is the best recipe I have made in awhile – and I have made a lot. Seriously, this is a can’t – stop – eating – it – kind of recipe. Don’t let the 9 layers scare you off, it’s super easy to put together.
The bottom layer is a combination of cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning (we make our own.) Then the layering begins, we added refried beans, guacamole, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, sliced olives from Pearls Olives to Go, and tortilla strips.
It’s funny how sometimes there are ingredients that you really don’t like on their own, but paired with other ingredients they are delicious. Like cream cheese, I’m really not a fan of cream cheese, but add the sour cream and taco seasoning, and it was delicious. And how about guacamole, for years I wasn’t a fan, then I recently discovered the Marketside Quacamole that you find in the produce section at Walmart, it’s ready to serve, all the hard part is done for you. And then there are black olives, I have liked green olives but never been a fan of black, until recently, and especially in this easy Taco Dip recipe.
Are there ingredients like this for you?
Not only is this Vegetarian Taco Dip great to serve to your family, it makes a great dish to serve at parties and take to potlucks. Depending on how many layers you add, of course we love all 9 layers, and depending on how much each person eats, the dip will serve 12 – 15 people.
Meet the biggest innovation for olives since pitting them. Pearls Olives to Go were introduced to the market in 2013 and in 2014 grew even more popular with three new varieties. Each package container has four cups, similar to fruit snack cups but without the liquid mess. These easy to open cups stay fresh and tightly sealed until you are ready to use them. You and the family can enjoy them as a snack or like we did, punch up the flavor of any dish without having to find a can opener and often waste part of the can.
These convenient little cups are perfect for traveling, after sports and lunches. They are quite possibly – pantry perfection! You can find Olives to Go at your local Walmart.
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning or 1 store-bought packet
- 1 (16 oz) can Refried Beans
- 1 box Marketside Classic Smooth Guacamole (use 1 or both packages from the box)
- Shredded Lettuce
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1 Green Onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 container Pearls Olives to Go, black sliced
- Tortilla Strips
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth
- Spread into 8x8 inch square pan or round pie plate
- Place in refrigerator about 15 minutes until firm
- Add remaining layers
- Serve immediately or chill before serving
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Store leftovers in refrigerator