Apple Week continues today with this Taffy Apple Salad that comes from a favorite church cookbook. Many moons ago my Mother-in-law gave me a cookbook for a Christmas gift that was published by the women in her church. We have made lots of recipes from the book and they have all been delicious.
We love cooking (and sharing) recipes that are tried and true from everyday cooks. And this Taffy Apple Salad is perfect for this time of year with all the apples, packed with flavor and super easy to put together. It’s also great to take to a potluck, harvest party or hayride since it makes a big bowl full.
The creaminess of the Cool Whip and pudding goes together perfectly with the crunch of the apples and peanuts. It could be served as a side dish or better yet a dessert.
Are you a church cookbook lover? I just love introducing old recipes that we remember growing up to my boys. Many of the recipes in this cookbook, Doug can remember being served at church picnics when he was a kid.
- 3 cups diced apples, not peeled
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple, not drained
- 1 cup dry roasted nuts, chopped roughly
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 oz) box instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl
- Cover and chill until ready to serve