A sweet tea with the tangy flavor of lemonade and a fruity blend of berries! This Raspberry Tea that we fondly call – Razzle Dazzle Berry Tea, is perfect for parties, or just relaxing on the deck. .
When you are around Doug for awhile you learn two things about him, he likes his coffee black and his iced tea unsweetened. So much so that he has even boycotted a few restaurants that only offer flavored teas. So you can imagine our surprise when he actually liked this drink the first time he tasted it.
Maybe it was the multiple fruit juices blended into it or perhaps the touch of lemonade? But whatever the reason he has become a fan of this refreshing iced tea.
The original recipe is from one of our favorite cookbooks, Gooseberry Patch Family Favorites. Honestly, there hasn’t been a Gooseberry Patch recipe that we did not like, guess it’s all of those awesome home cooks coming together to share their recipes.
- 8 cups of water
- 5 regular size tea bags or 2 family size tea bags
- 1¼ cups of sugar
- 64 ounces Cranberry-Raspberry juice
- 6 ounces of thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 ounces of fresh raspberries
- Boil three cups of water in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add tea bags and let steep for up to 8 minutes until the tea is a rich dark brown.
- Remove tea bags and while tea is still warm stir in the sugar.
- Add enough water to the tea to equal 2 quarts.
- Pour tea into a large serving pitcher and add the remaining ingredients (Juice, Lemonade Concentrate and Raspberries).
- Serve over ice.
We will be adding more drink recipes each Thursday. Do you have a favorite Summertime drink? Share with us!