If your home is anything like ours, we love pizza, pretty much any variety there is. But we often get tired of regular pizza, so recently we changed it up a bit with this Pizza Casserole. All the great flavors you love about pizza, but in an easy to make casserole.
The ingredients added to this Pizza Casserole are totally up to you and what your family likes, which is one reason I really like it. I added pepperoni, ground beef and mushrooms.
This is also a great make ahead meal and would also do well in the freezer. I have not tried it in the Slow Cooker, but I bet you could certainly mix everything and then keep it warm in the Slow Cooker.
But really, the meal is done in under 30 minutes, so it’s definitely on the table fast.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- ½ pound ground beef or sausage
- 6 small mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thick
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 package (3.5 oz) pepperoni, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 1½ quart baking dish with cooking spray
- Cook macaroni according to the directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef, mushrooms and onions until meat is no longer pink
- Drain meat if necessary
- Drain macaroni and add back to pot, add beef mixture and remaining ingredients, stir well to combine
- Transfer mixture to baking dish, top with cheeses
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes
Here are 3 more of our favorite Pizza Meals…