I live in a potato lovin’ house…really, nothing makes my family happier than when I serve potatoes. So when Doug had the recipe in his head for these Loaded Red Potatoes, I knew I better let him experiment…and I sure am glad I did.
While we love pretty much all different potatoes, there is just something about the little red potatoes that we love. A good boil, then seasoned butter and a trip to the oven…bacon bits and cheese, back into the oven they go and a spoonful of sour cream and sprinkle of onions.
- 1½ to 2 pounds Red Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon bits
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes, drain water and allow to cool until you can handle them
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut a small slice off the bottom so the potatoes set upright
- Cut an "X" in the top and squeeze sides of potato and gently push open
- Mix butter and seasonings, brush on potatoes, tops and sides
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from oven, add cheese and bacon bits.
- Place back in oven long enough to melt cheese, about 1-2 minutes
- Serve with sour cream and onions
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch