A little sweet, a little bit of citrus and a whole lot of flavor – this Honey Ginger Glazed Chicken went together in a snap and has bold delicious flavors. On the side – the Jasmine Rice made with Green Tea was the perfect complement to the Chicken.
This recipe brought to you by Mizkan
We serve a lot of chicken, probably because I love it – Doug and the boys – not so much. Of course, like any man, they would rather have a big hamburger or steak, but to keep the grocery budget down and to eat healthier, I cook a lot of chicken, and really they don’t complain.
Another way we often add bold flavor without a lot of calories or cost, is with Holland House. We have several of the Holland House cooking wines in the pantry and use them for a quick splash of flavor on a salad or even meat. This recipe called for white vinegar, which in my opinion can be harsh tasting sometimes, so we used Holland House Champagne Vinegar instead. It has a light sweet flavor with a hint of citrus, which paired well with the Ginger and Honey.
- 1 tablespoon oil, canola or vegetable
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Holland House Champagne Vinegar
- 1 1/ teaspoons grated Ginger (we used Gourmet Gardens)
- Garnish - thinly sliced red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers, optional
- 1½ cups water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat
- sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken and place in skillet
- Cook, stirring frequently for 7 minutes or until done
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, vinegar and ginger, pour over chicken.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil, add tea bag and remove from heat, cover and let set for 2 minutes
- Remove and discard tea bag
- Bring green tea to a boil over high heat, stir in rice and salt
- Cover and reduce heat to low, simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender
- Stir in green onion and fluff rice with fork
- Serve with Chicken