While we love hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, we also love to change it up a bit. We all love Shrimp so this quick and easy recipe for Grilled Shrimp with Butter and Herbs was perfect!
Shrimp is one of those ingredients that seem really difficult to work with, but once you use them in a recipe, you quickly realize they aren’t hard at all, and they are also not as expensive as you might think. The butter, herbs and garlic were a perfect combination to add. Like most seafood, these Grilled Shrimp cooked up quickly.
This time we used a Cedar Grilling Plank from Western BBQ Products. During a recent trip to Walmart Headquarters, I had the pleasure of learning from Chef Ernst Servantes, a Food Network Grilling Chopped Champion and the team from Western. There is a wide variety of food, from seafood to poultry to vegetables that can be cooked on the Cedar Planks.
The two most important things to remember when grilling with the Cedar Planks is 1) to soak them for at least 1 hour in water prior to putting them on the grill and 2) do not reuse the Cedar Plank.
Grilling doesn’t need to be difficult. Here are some of our best grilling tips…
Best Grilling Tips
- Leave space around each food item on the grill to allow for even cooking and smoke penetration.
- Place cooked foods on a clean plate—not one that has previously held raw meat, fish or poultry. Bacteria from raw food can contaminate the cooked food and cause food poisoning.
- Apply sauces containing honey, brown sugar or molasses during the last 10 minutes to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Turn meat just once on the grill. For steaks, turn them when the juices start to bubble on the uncooked side (the clearer the juice, the more well done the meat).
- 1 bag (12 oz) uncooked Shrimp, peeled, cleaned
- ½ cup (1 stick) Butter
- ¼ cup Dried Parsley
- ¼ cup Dried Chives
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, crushed (we used Gourmet Gardens)
- Heat grill to high heat
- In a small pan, add butter and melt on grill or in the microwave
- Add herbs and garlic, stir well
- Add clean Shrimp to pan, and pour butter mixture over - reserving some for basting - coat well
- Place Shrimp on Cedar Plank or directly onto grill
- Cook 4-5 minutes, turn and continue cooking another 4-5 minutes or until pink