Dinner time can be hectic! And even if we plan out the meals, sometimes life has a way of getting in the way of our plan. These Quick and Easy Cheeseburger Pies are perfect to toss together on those nights when life is busy. Or better yet, cook up several batches of them on the weekend and have them stashed in the freezer, making dinner even easier!
We adapted a Betty Crocker recipe, Impossibly Easy Mini Cheeseburger Pies, by using our homemade biscuit mix, but you can certainly use Bisquick Mix, like Betty did.
The Cheeseburger Pies are great for dinner, pair them with a salad or fruit and you have a meal. The kiddos would also love these for an after-school snack!
The meat mixture…ground beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and cheese really does taste like a Cheeseburger, especially when you add the chopped tomatoes on top.
Quick and Easy Cheeseburger Pies
Quick and easy for dinner, potluck or even after school snack. Recipe from PocketChangeGourmet.com
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin pan with cooking spray
- Cook ground beef and onion on stove until beef is cooked with no pink showing, drain and cool 5 minutes
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, stir together baking mixture with a fork until blended
- Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup
- Top with about 1/4 cup burger mixture
- Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture on top of burger mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool 5 minutes in pan
- Remove from pan with knife, loosening the sides of the muffins.
- Serve with tomatoes, pickles or salsa
The tomatoes made these taste more like a cheeseburger. We also liked them with salsa.
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch