Pizza in one form or another is just plain fun. It’s one of those meals that brings a smile to everyone’s face and can be eaten on the go. You can certainly grab one at the store or you could make this fun Pepperoni Pizza Ring for the kids the next time they are hungry for fun.
This is a great option to a traditional pizza, and you can add as many toppings as your imagination can come up with. Our boys are pepperoni fans so we’ll often choose that but when it’s just Liz and I we’ll get a little more adventurous.
While we are always thinking of our budget and saving money by making our own sauces when possible, it won’t break the bank if you are pressed for time and would rather use ready made pizza sauce instead of making it from scratch. However I urge you to give it a try just once, you won’t believe how easy it is.
Making the Pizza Ring is very similar to the Taco Ring that everyone loves. Here are the easy steps…
- 1 can tomato paste
- ¾ cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tubes of crescent rolls
- 7 ounces pepperoni slices
- 2 cups shredded cheese (pizza style)
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and saute garlic
- Add tomato sauce, water, dried basil, oregano and parsley.
- Bring to a bubble and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Separate the crescent dough into its individual sections and lay in a circle with the long pointy end to the outside.
- Layer ingredients in the following order, cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and other toppings, another layer of cheese.
- Grab the outside tip of the crescent dough and fold into the center, repeat all the way around.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Weekly Menu Plan
Monday – Slow Cooker Chicken with New Potatoes
Tuesday – Mardi Gras
Wednesday – Pizza Ring
Friday – Taco Soup
Saturday – French Dip Sandwiches, deli-style
Sunday – Meatball Subs
What’s on your menu this week?