Mardi Gras and the ever so popular Fat Tuesday Celebration, are another great way to create memories with your family! If you are in New Orleans there are popular practices include wearing masks and costumes, overturning social conventions, dancing, sports competitions, parades – for us though, it’s about recreating some of their popular recipe.
Here are 24 Mardi Gras Recipes including Main Dishes, Shrimp Dishes, Sandwiches and Side Dishes for you to choose from!
Party food is one of our favorite types. And boy does Mardi Gras bring out the party animal in all of us!
Mardi Gras Main Dishes
- Spicy Shrimp Andouille Sausage Roast from Riley Madel
- Pasta Vieux Carre from Louisiana Cookin’
- Baked Fish Sticks
- Cajun Chicken Pasta from Tasty Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo from Better Homes & Gardens
Mardi Gras Shrimp Dishes
- Shrimp and Grits from Tasty Kitchen
- Shrimp and Okra Gumbo from Catholic Foodie
- Barbecued Shrimp from The Joy Kitchen
- Shrimp and Okra Hush Puppies from Southern Living
- Broiled Buttered Shrimp from Taste of Home
- Creole Shrimp from Eat 80/20
Mardi Gras Sandwiches
- Fried Shrimp Po’boys from Delish
- Muffuletta Sandwich from Party BluPrints
- Bay Scallop Po’boy with Spicy Mayo from Martha Stewart
- Muffuletta Sandwich from Southern Living
- Mini Muffulettas from My Recipes
- Fried Catfish from Patio Daddio BBQ
Mardi Gras Side Dishes
- Cajun Black Beans with Sausage and Corn from Betty Crocker
- Hot and Smoky Red Beans and Rice from Wood Fired Kitchen
- Cajun Buttered Corn from Taste of Home
- Cajun Corn Maque Choux from Southern Living
- Red Beans & Rice
- Cajun Sweet Potato Fries from Watching What I Eat
Will you be cooking for Mardi Gras? Share your recipes with us!