One of the best things about Summer is all the fresh vegetables and fruits, especially if they are grilled. Although grilling vegetables seems pretty simple, sometimes it can be tricky. Today we are sharing some helpful tips for you on How to Grill the Perfect Summer Vegetables.
Whether you grow your own, hit up the Farmer’s Market or make a trip to the grocery store, there is no shortage of great vegetables that are perfect for grilling. We have grilled a variety of vegetables including zucchini, tri-colored peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and onions.
Grilling vegetables can be done a number of ways, and we have found a few tricks that will make your grilling super easy and create delicious results every time.
To add a splash of flavor we use a flavored vinegar or cooking wine. This time we used Nakano Red Wine Vinegar with Italian Herb, you can certainly use your favorite. Add the vinegar to a spray bottle to make it easier to spritz the vegetables while you are grilling them.
We have also found that adding the same vegetables on the skewers and not mixing them up, makes grilling them easier. Vegetables vary the amount of time it takes to cook. So having them separated on their own skewers allows you to grill them to perfection.
Give the vegetable kabobs a good spritz with the vinegar or cooking wine several times while you are grilling them, and finish them with one final spritz prior to removing them from the grill.
And one last tip for grilling the perfect Summer vegetables – when you cut the onion, first peel the onion whole, then cut it into half and then each half into quarters making sure to leave the root and shoot ends on and in tact, that way when you are preparing and grilling the onions they won’t fall apart.
- Vegetables - any that you like
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt - Fine Sea Salt or whatever you like, season to taste
- Nakano Red Wine Vinegar with Italian Herb or other flavor that you like
- Skewers - soak in water at least 30 minutes
- Plastic spray bottle
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes before grilling
- Clean vegetables and roughly chop, place in large bowl
- Heat grill to medium heat
- Toss vegetables with olive oil to coat and sprinkle with salt
- Thread onto skewers using the same vegetables per skewer
- Place on grill - time will vary depending on the vegetable
- Add vinegar to spray bottle and spritz vegetables several times during grilling