It’s Friday…time for Pizza, Football and Tailgating! With the kids back in school, I’ve seen a lot of commercials for the popular after-school snack, Pizza Pockets.
So, we decided to give them a try. We made the pizza crust in our bread machine, using a recipe from MomAdvice, but you could also use a large biscuit for these. I bet the kiddos would even have fun putting them together themselves.
I really like using the bread machine, it’s quick and easy. If you don’t have one, you can make this same dough by hand.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead just until dough is no longer sticky. You don’t want to add a ton of flour or work the dough a lot, or it will get tough.
- Roll the dough out. We used a large jar ring to cut the circles.
- Add sauce and chopped pepperoni or other ingredients that you like.
- Add the mozzarella cheese
- Fold over
- Seal in the ingredients with a fork and brush with oil
How do you change it up on Pizza Night?