Ahhh Thanksgiving, nothing compares to a juicy turkey, the delicious side dishes and desserts. We love having a big family dinner and spending time together. My boys even help prepare their favorite dish for the dinner.
One of my favorites though that I look forward to every year is the stuffing. It just wouldn’t be a complete Thanksgiving dinner menu without it. Stuffing is one of the most versatile dishes. You can enjoy it as a side dish, use the leftovers in many different dishes, and even add it to recipes like these Herb and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms.
These mushrooms can be made for appetizers, as a side dish and are also a great way to use up leftover stuffing, of course if your family is like ours, there are never leftovers.
Making the stuffed mushrooms is easy and only takes minutes. We started with a box of STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix with Savory Herbs, added softened cream cheese, a blend of shredded cheese and garlic. After the mixture is combined well, it’s time to prepare the mushrooms.
My best tip for cleaning mushrooms is to use damp paper towel. Remove the stems from the mushrooms first, and then gently wipe off the cap of the mushroom.
Using a cookie dough scoop, fill each mushroom with 1-2 tablespoons of the stuffing mixture and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and into the oven they go for 20 minutes or until golden and the cheese is melted.
These Herb and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect addition to your collection of Thanksgiving Recipes.
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Stuffing Mix
- 1½ cups hot water
- 4 ounce (1/2 of 8 oz pkg) Cream Cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 20 fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with foil
- Pour stuffing mix in large bowl, add hot water and stir just until moist
- Stir in cream cheese, ½ cup shredded cheese and garlic until well combined
- Remove stems from mushroom and clean with a damp paper towel
- Fill mushroom caps with 1-2 tablespoons stuffing mixture
- Place mushrooms on cookie sheet
- Add additional cheese to mushrooms
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and the cheese is melted
- Serve immediately, store leftovers in fridge