Whether you enjoy this French Toast filled with Strawberry for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it will have even your pickiest eaters coming back for seconds. Two pieces of soft bread filled with a mixture of fresh strawberries, cream cheese, and strawberry yogurt – then dipped in an egg mixture and cooked to perfection. Don’t forget to top it with warm strawberry sauce or a little whip cream to make it an extra special Valentine’s Day Breakfast.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, who needs to add some pizzazz to their breakfast menu? No need to look any farther! This Strawberry Stuffed French Toast will completely revolutionize your idea of the “typical” breakfast. This French toast is not only beautiful, but it is packed full of flavor and has an amazing surprise inside.
With just a handful of simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you will be able to turn the “ordinary” into extraordinary.
First, in a small bowl with a hand mixer beat the cream cheese until soft. Add 1/4 cup of finely chopped strawberries, strawberry yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until it’s mixed well and set the filling aside.
Then, in a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of chopped strawberries, sugar and water. Heat the mixture on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. It will come to a boil. Stir continually and cook until the sauce thickens. Then, remove it from the heat.
There aren’t too many things I love more than warm strawberries mixed with sugar. This is heavenly.
Next, in a shallow bowl or dish, whisk the eggs, milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Then spread 3 tablespoons of the strawberry filling onto one slice of bread and top it with another piece of bread. Is your mouth watering yet?
Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
Lastly, cook the sandwich on a greased skillet until each side is golden brown. It may take longer to cook than a standard French toast. Remove it from the heat and serve with the strawberry sauce and remaining filling on top. Doesn’t that look absolutely amazing?
This incredible French Toast filled with Strawberry is the perfect way to turn ordinary ingredients into an extraordinary breakfast. This would be a fantastic Valentine’s Day surprise for your sweetie or kiddos. Start any day off on the right foot with this warm, delicious and filling Strawberry Stuffed French Toast. Make it a great day.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 single serving size container strawberry yogurt (about 6 ounces)
- ¼ cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons water
- 8 slices of bread (white, wheat or any type of bread you desire)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- In a small bowl with a hand mixer beat cream cheese until soft. Add ¼ cup finely chopped strawberries, yogurt and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Beat until mixed well and set filling aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup chopped strawberries, sugar and water. Heat on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Mixture will come to a boil. Stir and cook until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- In a shallow bowl or dish, whisk eggs, milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread 3 tablespoons of strawberry filling onto bread. Top with another piece of bread. Dip sandwich into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook on a greased skillet until each side is golden brown. It may take longer to cook than a standard french toast. Remove from heat and serve with sauce and remaining filling on top.
Sharing this recipe on Meal Plan Monday with Southern Plate.