We have joined the Secret Recipe Club and this month I’ve had the pleasure of checking out all the yumminess over at It’s Yummy to My Tummy. I found the inspiration for this recipe there and as we do here added a little flair to her Toad in a Hole recipe and came up with this French Toast Egg-in-a-hole.
I’ve been wanting to make an egg-in-a-hole for breakfast for a long time but just wasn’t enthused enough with the whole concept until Liz suggested that instead of plain toast we try a French Toast version and then she added a little flair and suggested using a little International Delight Vanilla Caramel Creme Coffee Creamer in place of the milk we normally use…ummm, did I mention she is a genius in the kitchen.
After a few trial runs to figure out the best process and combinations I declare this French Toast Egg-in-a-hole is awesome. Once I got the process down it was a snap to make, any cookie cutter shape works well, a simple circle or an animal shape for the kids or you could surprise your Valentine and start the day with a sweet breakfast with a heart shape. All that’s needed is a little imagination.
- 1 large egg
- ½ to 1 cup International Delight Vanilla Caramel Creme Coffee Creamer (adjust for taste)
- Bread - any will work, we used Arnold's Butter Split Top
- Eggs for hole
- Toppings of your choice - syrup, strawberries, blueberries
- Whisk together 1 large egg and ½ to 1 cup of International Delight Vanilla Caramel Coffee Creamer (adjusting for taste)
- Dunk bread into mixture and coat on both sides
- Place on 325 F griddle and cut out and remove center
- Add an egg and cook til browned
- Flip and finish cooking til browned
- Serve with syrup
Our Menu Plan for the week is…
Monday – Tostadas and Spanish Rice
Tuesday – Happy Valentine’s Day! Check out our Valentine’s Day Recipes, we have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert including fun ideas for the Kiddos
Thursday – Meatloaf Sandwiches and Homemade Potato Chips
Friday – Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Wild Rice
Saturday – Slow Cooker Chili
Sunday – Lasagna and Stuffed Garlic Bread
What’s on your menu this week?