Perfect for a special holiday breakfast, yet easy enough for a weekday! This French Toast Egg-in-a-hole will have your family asking for more!
I found the inspiration for this recipe at It’s Yummy to My Tummy and as we do here added a little flair to her Toad in a Hole recipe and came up with this French Toast Egg-in-a-hole.
I’ve been wanting to make an egg-in-a-hole for breakfast for a long time but just wasn’t enthused enough with the whole concept until I suggested that instead of plain toast we try a French Toast version and then she added a little flair and suggested using a little Vanilla Caramel Creme Coffee Creamer in place of the milk we normally use…and what a difference it made!
After a few trial runs to figure out the best process and combinations I declare this French Toast Egg-in-a-hole is awesome. Once I got the process down it was a snap to make, any cookie cutter shape works well, a simple circle or an animal shape for the kids or you could surprise your Valentine and start the day with a sweet breakfast with a heart shape. All that’s needed is a little imagination.
- French Toast Batter
- 1 large egg
- ½ to 1 cup vanilla caramel creme coffee creamer
- bread- any will work
- eggs for hole
- toppings of your choice- we recommend syrup!
- Whisk together 1 large egg and ½ to 1 cup creamer
- Dip bread into mixture and coat on both sides
- Place on 325 degree F griddle
- Cut and remove the center
- Add an egg and cook until browned
- Flip and finish cooking until browned
- Serve with syrup