Similar to the Reuben Sandwich, this Corned Beef Grilled Cheese has thin slices of Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese sandwiched between Marbled Rye Bread and grilled to melt the cheese and heat the Corned Beef.
With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, we thought you may be looking for a special Kid Friendly Dinner or perhaps you make a big pot of Corned Beef and Cabbage and need a good leftover recipe. Either way, this Corned Beef Grilled Cheese is perfect! Pair it with our Irish Cheese Fondue and a fun St. Patrick’s Day Dessert!
We decided to keep the sandwich kid friendly and leave off the sauerkraut, but if you like it, certainly add it. The bread is a marbled rye, many people don’t care for the dark rye bread, so we thought the marbled rye not only looked appealing, but still gives the flavors and many of the health benefits of dark rye. We also used Baby Swiss, but regular Swiss is fine too if you like that better.
A little butter on both pieces of bread, just like you do a normal Grilled Cheese Sandwich and onto the Griddle for a couple minutes on each side. We don’t have a Panini Maker, so I just used a heavy dish to compress the sandwich so that the heat is more evenly distributed.
- Marbled Rye Bread or Dark Rye
- Corned Beef - leftovers or sliced from the deli
- Baby Swiss or Regular Swiss Cheese
- Add a few slices of Corned Beef to 1 slice of bread
- Add a couple pieces of Cheese, top with a slice of bread
- Spread butter on bread and place on hot griddle, butter side down
- Spread butter on top slice of bread
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until brown
- Flip sandwich and set heavy dish on top, if needed
- Cook 1-2 minutes
- Serve with Dressing and Sauerkraut, if desired
Head on over and grab even more St. Patrick’s Day Recipes including Appetizers, Main Dishes, Drinks and more