Whether you dip them, make sauce with them, squeeze them into cider or bake a dessert with them – APPLES are incredible! These Favorite Apple Recipes for Fall include Dinner, Sides, Snacks and of course Dessert! The perfect recipes for Apple Season!
Hey Pocket Change Gourmet friends! I’d love to introduce you to our newest team member, Marcia. We are thrilled to have her on our team. Marcia is a Mom to 2 little girls, lives on the West Coast and absolutely loves cooking for her family. Today she is sharing her love for apples.
Apples are incredible. They are crunchy, some sweet, some tart, some a wonderful balance of both. They are fantastic eaten whole or cut into slices. They can be dipped with numerous things – peanut butter, caramel, marshmallow crème, whatever you fancy really. They can be cooked down and made into sauce. They can be squeezed into juice or cider. They can even be made into butter. They can be baked into pies, crisps, tarts, and even more savory dishes like pork, chicken or beef. They can be fried. They can be sliced onto a ham and cheese sandwich for a uniquely sweet and savory flavor. They can be cooked, canned and saved for later.
We have the privilege of having two apple trees on the property where we live. The trees produce the most wonderful apples. After my daughters and I picked a huge box of them, they gave off the most fragrant aroma in our kitchen. We took a bag of them to a friend we went to visit several hours from us.
I’m surprised the apples made it to her because they made the car smell so good, my girls wanted to eat them all on the way. I honestly wish our trees produced all year round. I went to go pick some apples the other day and they were ALL gone! Thankfully, our other tree is still producing, but I was so disappointed to realize our season is winding down and I’ll have to go back to buying them at the store soon.
I am reading the Little House on the Prairie series to my girls before bed. In one of the books it talked about a family eating fried apples and onions. I made a mental note, “try that soon…” I ended up making pork chops and pairing it with fried onions and apples. My husband asked why we hadn’t thought of doing that sooner. It was quite the tasty combination.
We have lots of amazingly delicious apple recipes! Check them out for some fresh ideas. Try something new and surprise your family tonight.
- Apple Cinnamon Snack Mix
- Apple Pancakes
- Cinnamon Waffles with Fried Apples
- No Knead Apple Pie Bagels @ Bakeaholic Mama
- Apple Fritter Waffles with Caramel Sauce @ Call Me PMC
- Open Faced Ham Apple and Cheddar Sandwiches
- Pork and Apple Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples
- Apple Pie Sandwiches @ Taste of Home
- Peanut Butter Apple Wraps @ Ready Set Eat
- Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini @ PDX Food Love
- Rye-Stuffed Pork Chops with Apple Thyme Pan Sauce @ A Sweet Pea Chef
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breasts @ Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- BBQ Chicken Apple Pizza @ Lemon Tree Dwelling
- Taffy Apple Salad
- Fried Apples
- Apple Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts @ Food Republic
- Maple Cinnamon Apple Chips @ Texan Erin
- Apple Coleslaw @ The Peach Kitchen
- Cider Roasted Carrots and Apples @ Foodista
- Sauerkraut with Bacon and Apples @ Yummly
- Cheddar Soup with Granny Smith Apples @ Just A Pinch
- Sausage Bread Pudding @ Martha Stewart
Must Have Apple Resources
- Apple Pie Spice
- How to Dry Apples
- Apple Bird Feeder
- Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Dip Gift with FREE Printables