You know those meals that you wish afterwards had a little more zing. Yes, even we have those occasionally. Well just last week I made an Oriental Noodle Recipe that while it was ok it just wasn’t, how do I put it… Tasty. It was lacking some zing, some zip, some flavor.
And talk about leftovers, there was plenty. Now we don’t like to throw away food so the adventure was afoot to make a better meal from the leftovers. Here’s our Teriyaki Beef Noodle Bowl with World Harbors Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Marinade.
We started with leftover Oriental Noodles, so I’ll share the complete recipe below but for the sake of brevity we’ll start this with some leftover noodles. You could certainly load up this recipe with multiple vegetable choices to make this a meatless meal. And I love chicken and well shrimp always taste like a delicacy, but every now and then there is nothing better than some tender Sirloin steak to satisfy your hunger.
Liz and I have the same discussion every time I want to use steak in a recipe. She has a fit over the price of steak, and yes it can be pricey but you don’t need to use much to add a lot of flavor to a dish. So I usually get at least two meals out of a single pound of steak. So let’s start this makeover with about a half pound of steak marinaded in World Harbors Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Marinade. Thirty minutes will do but 3 hours is better.
Add the marinated steak, julienne cut carrots and snow peas to the pan and cook them through until tender. Toss in the leftover Oriental Noodles, a little more World Harbors Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Marinade as a cooking sauce and heat through.
Mmm, Mmm, now that’s tasty.
- 1 16 ounce box of Linguine Noodles
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons World Harbors Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon grated Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 large Onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 6-8 ounces Sirloin Steak, sliced thinly across the grain
- ¼ cup plus 2-3 Tablespoons World Harbors Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 large carrot, julienne cut
- ¾-1 cup frozen snow peas
- Sesame Seeds and chopped Green Onions for garnishing
- Cook the noodles as directed on the package.
- While the noodles are cooking add all the remaining ingredients except for the cornstarch and water for the Oriental Noodles to another large pot and bring to a simmer. Turn down the heat and simmer while the pasta cooks.
- Drain the pasta when it's done and rinse under cold water.
- Add cooked pasta to the other pot and whisk together the water and cornstarch. Add to pot and simmer until thickened.
- Add the sliced Sirloin Steak and ¼ cup of World Harbors Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Marinade. Thirty minutes will do but 3 hours is better.
- Drain and discard the excess marinade.
- Add the marinaded steak, carrots and snow peas to a large skillet over medium heat and cook until tender.
- Add noodles and 2-3 tablespoons of marinade sauce to skillet and heat through.
- Serve with sesame seed and chopped green onions for garnish.
Visit World Harbors to see all the delicious marinades.
Disclosure: I’m a Mizkan Advocate and this is a sponsored post. These opinions are all my own and have in no way been influenced by another person.