Yesterday was a busy day in the household, two boys working at the last minute on school projects (of course the projects are due today). Liz was working on cupcakes for her first eBook and then there was me trying to get a jump on the blogging for the week. Sounds like a busy day and it was but it’s also a normal Sunday, so I was really glad that I had on my Monthly Menu Plan to cook this Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken I found on Real Food, Allergy Free.
I love walking into the kitchen and taking in all the aromas while using my slow cooker, the anticipation can be almost unbearable at times.
- 1 Young Roasting Chicken (4-5 pounds)
- 2 Medium Onions
- 5-6 Potatoes
- 4 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Prepare your Chicken by rinsing both inside and outside and pat dry with a paper towel (remove giblets if there are any)
- Mix together the Spice Rub in a small container
- Rub the spices onto the skin of the chicken coating well (use all of it).
- Cut Potatoes into large chunks (enough to fully cover the bottom of your slow cooker)
- Rough chop the onions and add to slow cooker
- Place the Chicken on top of Potatoes and Onions
- Place lid on slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until tender
I’m really looking forward to this week’s menu, especially the Meatloaf Sandwiches and Fried Mashed Potatoes. I’ll be busy in the kitchen and the photo room all week as I share these recipes as I make them.
Weekly Menu Plan
Monday ~ Loaded Macaroni and Cheese and Quick Chips
Tuesday ~ Meatloaf with Garlicy Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday~ Chinese Chicken Salad
Thursday ~ Tacos and Mexican Rice
Friday ~ Meatloaf Sandwiches with Fried Mashed Potatoes
Saturday ~ Fried Egg Sandwiches, Twisted
Sunday ~ Stew with Cornbread
What’s on your menu this week?
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch