A big pot of Slow Cooker Green Beans with Ham to enjoy as a side dish or add some cornbread and make it a meal.
I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things about the holidays are the leftovers. Purchasing groceries that are on sale during the holiday season is great for the budget, but using leftovers to create another meal is even better. It cuts down on time in the kitchen too.
Slow Cooker Green Beans are a favorite in our house. They are super easy to make, good for you and of course delicious.
Every Summer I would look forward to the green beans that my Dad would grow in the garden. He always had a huge garden, so there would be bushels and bushels of beans. Over the years, the produce section at our local store has gotten better and better with offering fresh produce. Green Beans are one of those ingredients that we can now enjoy pretty much year round.
With the leftover ham from our Easter dinner, these Slow Cooker Green Beans with Ham will be a quick, easy and healthy meal for us.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, washed and cleaned
- 1 cup ham, cooked and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or salt to taste
- Clean the green beans by snapping off the ends and then snapping longer ones in half.
- Cut the ham, and rough chop the yellow onions.
- Add the green beans, ham, yellow onion and salt to the slow cooker.
- Add enough water to just cover the green beans.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.