We continue our Food on a Stick series today with this Sesame Chicken Satay. The inspiration came from the On A Stick Cookbook, but Doug changed up the recipe a bit to make it more budget friendly and a little easier to make.
We love the way that the flavors in Asian cuisine always seem to build on each other and the subtle way they tantalize your taste buds. I would agree with just about everyone out there that says you need to follow a recipe to the letter but as I get more comfortable in the kitchen I like to experiment with changing the recipe to suit our familys’ tastes, also sometimes either I don’t have the specific ingredient or I’m too cheap to buy it for one meal. Plus I like to make it as easy and quick as I can.
I swapped out several of the ingredients for the marinade for this recipe
- Lemon juice for the lemongrass
- Ginger root for the galangal
- Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing for the dry-roasted peanuts
And substituted the Kraft Asian Toasted Dressing for the entire Dipping Sauce
The family really enjoyed the change of pace and have already requested we have it again.
- ⅓ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Turmeric
- 4 cloves Garlic smashed
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Root peeled and chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 pound Chicken thighs 1" cubed
- Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade in a non-metallic bowl
- Add chicken, cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours
- Remove marinated chicken from refrigerator and thread onto skewers
- Grill over medium-high heat; grilling 5 to 6 minutes, then flip and cook another 5 to 6 minutes until cooked through
- Serve with dipping sauce
You may also enjoy the Food On A Stick that we shared so far…
Now for the giveaway…On A Stick Cookbook
- Winner will receive a copy of On A Stick Cookbook
Giveaway will remain open until Friday, October 7th. 2011 at 10 p.m. CST. Winner will be chosen at random, notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond.
Entries only accepted on this page. Facebook and Twitter entries do not count.
- What is your favorite food to eat on a stick?
OPTIONAL ENTRIES: Please leave a seperate comment for each entry
- Subscribe to Pocket Change Gourmet
- Follow PCG on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Subscribe to Cupcake Chronicles or Hoosier Homemade
- Follow Hoosier Homemade on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Subscribe to It’s A Blog Party, Follow It’s A Blog Party on Facebook and/or Twitter
Disclosure: We were not given a copy of On A Stick Cookbook. We got one FREE with Swagbucks!