Oh My Gosh!!! Yes those were the words uttered by Liz when she first gazed upon this burger greatness. You see earlier this week I mixed up a batch of our copycat Red Robin Seasoning for some oven fries. Well there was some seasoning left over and… I couldn’t let it go to waste. Hence I present to you my Royal Ultimate Burger.
Now before you pass out from it’s greatness let me assure you this monstrosity won’t break your family’s budget, face it one of these babies is enough to feed two maybe more. My biggest question is whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner. Oh let’s just call it BRUNC-NER.
Let’s Build One
Construction Zone-Hardhat Required
- Like any good construction project we start out with a blueprint, nothing to hard though a good sandwich stands on it’s own. My all time favorite burger is the Royal Red Robin at Red Robin’s so let’s start there.
- Next is prepping the toppings, cook up some bacon ahead of time. Slice some nice firm red tomatoes and crisp lettuce.
- Every building needs a good foundation so splurge a little and get some really fresh burger buns.
- Form up your burgers and let them come to room temperature, now we’re not talking a mini burger here so go heavy. I’m talking at a minimum 1/3 pound, no wait let’s go 1/2 pound patties.
- Ok, head to the grill and cook these babies up. Be generous with the copycat Red Robin Seasoning, there’s alot of other flavors competing for your tastebuds.
- Once your patties are cook let them sit for 5 minutes. Use this time to fry up an egg.
- Now it’s time to build. Layer in all the levels, the order you choose is up to you, here’s ours…Bun, lettuce, mayo, bacon, burger patty, American cheese slice, egg, tomato, bun.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 tablespoons copycat Red Robin Seasoning
- 4 deli-style Kaiser rolls
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large red tomato, sliced
- 4 slices American cheese
- mayonnaise and any other condiments you desire
- Layer in all the levels, the order you choose is up to you, here's ours...Bun, lettuce, mayo, bacon, burger patty, American cheese slice, egg, tomato, bun.
Doug says... Yeah baby!!!
Now it’s your turn, what is your ultimate burger combination?