If there is one staple of our kids’ childhood while they have been growing up it would have to be grilled cheese sandwiches. There are so many ways to enjoy them, alone or pairing them with your favorite soup. Today I decided to created an Open Faced Grilled Cheese using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.
While over the last few months I’ve had occasion to create some variations on the family favorite and I’ve concentrated on switching the toppings and trying new cheeses. The one standard has been the bread, I haven’t varied from using a thick slice of buttered Italian or sandwich bread, but by using the crescent rolls I was surprised by the layers of flavor it brought to the sandwich.
Pairing the duo of Swiss and White Cheddar cheeses combined well with the sweetness of the crescent rolls. And Liz just went gaga over the whole sandwich, she especially loved the baby bella mushrooms saute in garlic and butter I added.
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 8 ounces White Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 medium Tomato, diced
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Italian Parsley, minced and for garnish
- Slice mushrooms and saute in butter and garlic over medium heat for 4-5 minutes
- Pre-heat your griddle and oven to 350F
- Roll out the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and separate into four rectangles
- Take a sharp knife and cut each rectangle in half
- Seal seams together
- Oil your griddle with a small amount of olive oil
- Place the crescent rolls on griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Flip and add cheese blend, sauteed mushrooms, diced tomatoes and a little more cheese
- Cook for 3-4 minutes
- If the cheese is not melted to your preference, transfer to oven for a few minutes
- Top with Italian Parsley and garnish
When you think of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, the first thing that comes to mind is the buttery flavor roll to go with any meal. But we have found that the recipe options are endless.
Vote for my Creative Crescent Recipe and you’ll be entered to win a $1,000 grocery gift card!
Find more quick and easy Pillsbury recipes at www.CreativeCrescents.com.