We continue our tour of the United States today in celebration of the upcoming Fourth of July holiday! We have made our way to the South with Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe, to Idaho and with North West with Loaded Baked Potato Salad, and to New England area where cranberries are grown for our Cranberry Iced Tea.
Today we are right in our neck of the woods…the Midwest! The Chicago Dog is an unique hot dog shared by many that visit the windy city! The toppings include yellow mustard, sweet pickle, onions, pickle spear, tomatoes and celery seed. We added more unique hot dogs to the Hot Dog Bar and have free party printables for you too!
Chicago Style Dog
Chili Cheese Dog
But wait there’s a couple of important details that need our attention. With all the flavors and shear volume of toppings that will be added to the dogs we’re going to need a bun that can stand the punishment and we’ll want a hot dog that’s not your average dog. So we grabbed the biggest hot dogs we could find and paired them up with some bratwurst buns to do the trick.
The possible combinations are only limited by you and your guests imaginations and unique tastes.
Follow along as we travel around the United States and share American Recipes for 4th of July!
Hot Dog Bar Printables
Click HERE —–>>>Get your free printables
A special Thank You to Charlotte from The Paper Cupcake for designing the Hot Dog Bar Printables for us!
- 12 or more large beef hot dogs
- bratwurst buns (enough for the dogs)
- dill pickle spears
- white onion (diced)
- tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- sweet pickles (relish or dice your own)
- yellow mustard
- celery seed
- Bush's Cocina Latina, Frijoles a la Mexicana beans
- pico de gallo
- shredded cheese blend
- pickled jalapeno slices
- chili with no beans
- Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce
- french fried onions
- Grill up the hot dogs and get them on the buns, for each style of hot dog add the following...
- yellow mustard, diced sweet pickles, diced white onion, dill pickle spear, tomato wedges and celery seed
- Bush's Cocina Latina, Frijoles a la Mexicana beans. pico de gallo, shredded cheese blend, jalapeno slices
- chili with no beans, shredded cheese blend, diced white onion
- Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce, french fried onions, shredded cheese blend