One can never have enough recipes in their arsenal when it comes to party dips. And hands down this Jalapeno Popper Dip is one of the tastiest I’ve stumbled across in quite awhile. Whether you’re hosting a football party or having a few friends over for a casual get-together this is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
With a handful of simple ingredients that include, sour cream, mayonnaise, two types of cheese and peppers it only takes minutes to mix together. I like to have control over how much heat I get from the jalapeno peppers so I chose to dice my own so I could leave the seeds out of the dip.
Add all the goodies to a large mixing bowl and give them a good mixing
Once you’ve mixed it all together and transferred to your favorite baking dish,
Finish it off with a sprinkling of some more cheese and breadcrumbs and pop it in the oven.
And you’ll shortly have a pan full of some of the best bubbling gooey cheese with just the right amount of heat.
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened a bit
- 1 cup of light mayonnaise
- 1 cup plus ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup canned diced green chiles
- ¼ cup canned whole jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- ½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- Take your cream cheese from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients with the exception of the bread crumbs and ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Blend together with a mixer until combined well.
- Spread into an ungreased 9 inch cast iron skillet or pie pan and top with the reserved shredded Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Place into a 400 F preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden browned.
- Serve with your favorite chips for dipping.
We adapted this recipe from one we found in a Taste of Home magazine.
Looking for more Appetizer Recipes? Follow our Appetizers and Starters Pinterest Board
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch