- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened a bit
- 1 cup of light mayonnaise
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup canned whole jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- Take your cream cheese from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients with the exception of the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Blend together with a mixer until combined well.
- Spread into an ungreased 9 inch cast iron skillet or pie pan and top with the reserved shredded Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Place into a 400 F preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden browned.
- Serve with your favorite chips for dipping.
To control the level of heat from the jalapenos dice up whole peppers and remove the seeds, The more seeds you leave in the hotter the final dip will be.
We adapted this recipe from one we found in a Taste of Home magazine.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes