One of our boys favorite treats are frozen pizza rolls so after working all day Saturday we decided to whip up some Homemade Pizza Rolls for an easy dinner.
It seems as if Pizza makes it into our house regularly, I’m not really sure which we like best our Pizza Pockets or Pizza Ring but these sure did give them a run for their money. The filling is easy to make and you can add whatever your little heart desires. Once you get the process down they go together pretty quickly and baked up nicely.
I planned on making a few extra to throw in the freezer for some afternoon snacks for the boys but their wasn’t enough left after they got done with them. I guess I’ll need to make another batch today while they’re at school.
- 1 roll pizza dough (we made our own)
- 8 ounces Italian sausage, cooked
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce, homemade
- 1 large egg
- Roll out your dough as thin as you can.
- Cut dough into small rectangles, 1½ " x 3½ "
- Mix together cooked sausage 2 tablespoons, Mozzarella Cheese 1 tablespoon and enough pizza sauce to make mixture form a ball.
- Separate the egg white of 1 egg and whisk.
- Apply a coating of egg wash to dough.
- Add a teaspoon of the meat mixture to dough pieces.
- Fold over and seal edges with a fork.
- Put on a baking sheet and apply egg wash to top of pizza rolls.
- Cook in a 350 F oven for 10-15 minutes.
Our Menu Plan for the week
Monday – Open Face Grilled Cheese and Soup
Tuesday – Breakfast – Old Fashioned Pancakes, Fried Potatoes and Smoothies
Wedesday – Homemade Pizza Pockets
Thursday – Broccoli & Cheese Soup in a Bread Bowl
Friday – Quesadillas, Queso Cheese Dip
Saturday – Fettucini Chicken Alfredo, Salad and Garlic Bread
Sunday – Shanghai Wings, Oriental Noodles
What’s on your menu this week?