Well it’s official, summer’s winding down. The kid’s are back in school, football is back and sadly the days are becoming noticeably shorter every passing day. You’ve got one last barbecue blast to go to but you’ve taken every potluck recipe you can think of this past summer. Well here’s an easy tagalong that will have everyone drooling… Herb Garlic Bread.
Some say bread is the staple of life… my vote goes to garlic bread. The perfect complement to any meal, a crisp crust with a soft buttery center and the perfect amount of garlic and herbs, yum. And talk about simple, just about any form of bread will do and after mixing the garlic and herbs into some soft butter it’s just a matter of slicing the loaf of bread and slathering on the butter. Be generous, you don’t want to leave any in the bowl… that would be a waste.
Once you have that accomplished wrap the loaf tightly with some heavy foil and throw it in the oven. You can even wait till you get to the cookout and grill it along with the other items if you like.
This recipe is so versatile you can adjust the ingredients and ways you cook it to fit any circumstance… it may be the perfect recipe!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons Gourmet Garden Parsley Herb Blend
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Garlic Blend
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf of french bread or similar style, 14 -16 oz.
- Mix together the salt, garlic and parsley into the softened butter.
- Slice the bread into 1½" pieces, don't cut completely through but it's not the end of the world if you do.
- Spread the butter mixture between the slices, be generous.
- Wrap in heavy foil and bake or grill for 15 minutes until it's heated through, serve warm of course.
What’s your favorite dish to take to a Potluck?
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch