Grilling season is in full swing, especially with Memorial Day only a week away! Often times, we get tired of the same old burgers and hot dogs on the grill though. So we thought perhaps, you are similar, and decided to create an easy weeknight meal that you can have on the table in about 30 minutes.
Doug loves to use foil pans when grilling, especially when he is cooking several different ingredients. These Grilled Peppers and Italian Sausage are packed with flavor, but start with very simple ingredients.
Aside from the spices that we used, which if you have made the mixture up ahead of time all that you’ll need to prepare is to seed and slice the peppers for the grill. Seriously, this is a terrific recipe for last minute meals or as the main star of your weekend grilling.
Start with a foil pan and grill the Italian sausage for a little while to let some of the juices flow from the meat. Then toss in the seasoned peppers and cook until tender. There’s few recipes easier and tastier.
- 3 Bell Peppers, sliced (we used tri-color; yellow, orange & red)
- 1 tablespoon of our house seasoning (equal parts salt, black pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Italian sausage
- Combine the first three ingedients in a bowl and set aside.
- Place a foil pan that is large enough to hold the sausages and peppers on a medium high grill.
- Add the sausage and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the seasoned pepper strips to the pan and cook for 20 minutes or until tender tossing several times as they cook.
What are you planning on grilling for Memorial Day? Share with us!