The kids are off to school, but eventually they come home. Have them come home to a nice afternoon snack with this Pretzel Crust Pizza. This pizza is unique and oh so easy to make!
These early days of going back to school can be great for both kids and parents. Kids get to socialize and have fun, and parents get to have the kids out of their hair for a while. Eventually the kids will return, and when they do wouldn’t it be nice to have a treat waiting for them? Well we’ve got just the thing for you. This pizza is sure to light up the faces of your young ones who just got back from a long day of learning.
The best thing about this pizza is it’s different from normal pizza. As great as school is, the routine can get to the kids sometimes. Sometimes they need to break free from the same thing day after day, and this pizza may be that break for them. This helps keep their minds fresh and ready for more knowledge. All of this with one tasty afternoon snack! That can’t be possible, can it? Well, you’ll have to try it and find out for yourself!
The pizza goes together very quickly and easily. The main reason for this is the dough for the crust is already pre-made. We used Fleischmann’s Simple Homemade Pretzel Creations. All you have to do is shape it out, put the pepperoni and sauces on and boom! Great after school snack ready to go! Invite the neighborhood kids for a quick little party at the end of the week, and you’ll make your kid the most popular on the block. All of this with a simple pizza! So go out, get creative with your pizza, and have a nice after school party with your kid.
- 1 box pretzel dough - we used Fleischmann's Simple Homemade Pretzel Creations
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package pepperoni
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- take dough out of package, coating in oil and letting rise for a half hour
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- dissolve baking soda into warm water
- dunk the dough into the water
- place dough onto cooking pan, spreading it into desired pizza shape
- bake for 7 minutes, or until golden brown
- spread cheese sauce over the crust, leaving an inch around the edge
- top with shredded cheese and pepperoni
- bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted
- brush the edge with butter and top with salt