Liz isn’t the most patient person, Oops! The cat’s out of the bag. But let me explain. She normally is very patient with the boys and I, except when it comes to special occasions, like Mother’s Day. In our house when you there is a holiday as soon as you get out of bed in the morning you better begin celebrating. So this Mother’s Day I’m thinking of starting her day with breakfast in bed with this Breakfast Pizza and a few of her favorite magazines.
This breakfast pizza goes together really quickly even if you don’t normally spend your time in the kitchen. And using puffed pastry for the crust is really foolproof, just don’t panic when you see how much if puffs up before you put the toppings on. With just a little supervision even the kids could assemble this for Mom, and with their imaginations the choice of toppings could get very adventurous.
We also created a sweet treat for Mom, the Cinnamon Roll Doughnuts are delish. Head over to Hoosier Homemade to see how we use a box cake mix to make them.
As I’m finishing up writing this the possible combination of toppings just boggles my mind. I’m even thinking this puff pastry crust would make a good start to a s’mores pizza….Mmmm.
- 1 puffed pastry sheet
- 1-2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-6 large eggs
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cups shredded cheese, any kind is fine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out puffed pastry on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil on puffed pastry and cook for 10-12 minutes, just till it starts to brown.
- While the puffed pastry is cooking whisk together the eggs and milk. Scramble over medium heat, just until they set. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- After pastry has begun to brown top with eggs, crumbled bacon and cheese.
- Place back in oven and cook until cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired
Doug says... I couldn't believe how easy this was to make.
So tell me, how do you want to start your Mother’s Day?