Every week there seems to be one day that time seems to slip by like sand in an hourglass, the days of our lives. Yeah sometimes it is a soap opera. It’s good to have a recipe that is simple to throw together at the last minute, that’s when this Easy Taco Bake would come in handy.
This Taco Bake is similar to the Taco Ring we often serve, but starts with baking mix on the bottom instead of crescent rolls, making it a little more budget friendly. It’s definitely a kid friendly meal and goes together in a snap.
I don’t remember exactly where we first found this or when we first tried it, and while it may not be what some purest consider a true taco dish. I’ve got to be honest, I don’t care. The ease in which this goes together and the number of servings you get make this very budget friendly as well.
And if you are cooking for two there’s sure to be leftovers for the next day.
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook and drain ground beef, return to pan and add taco seasoning and water according to directions on package.
- Drain tomatoes with chilies and add to taco meat, cook until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add Baking Mix to a small bowl, add water and mix until soft dough forms.
- Press into baking dish evenly.
- Top with taco meat and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and add cheese.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Do you have a quick and easy go-to meal?