The first thing you need to do is gather all the ingredients for this Brussels sprouts recipe. Most of these ingredients will already be available in your pantry or your nearest grocery store.
Here is what you will need:
- A pound of halved Brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp. of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of white pepper
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 2 Tablespoons garlic chili paste
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- Sesame seeds or cilantro (garnishing)
Yes, these are all the ingredients you will require. It will only take you five minutes to prep all of these ingredients for cooking.
Now that you have all the ingredients at your disposal, here are the steps you must follow to create brussels sprouts recipe:
1. Take a large bowl and toss the Brussels sprouts with salt, olive oil, and white pepper to coat them evenly.
2. Pour the Brussels sprouts from the bowl into the air fryer basket. Keep in mind that all of them don’t need to be in a single layer. However, if you want them to have that extra crunch, then we recommend only putting one layer and cooking the rest in batches.
3. Set your air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and cook your vegetables for nine minutes.
4. After the nine minutes, shake the air fryer basket and let them cook for another nine minutes.
5. While your Brussels sprouts are in the basket, take a small bowl. Combine the honey, water, and garlic chili paste to it.
6. Warm sauce in the microwave for one minute so that the sauce can get hot.
7. After the Brussels sprouts are done, take them out of the basket and place them inside a large bowl.
8. Toss the sauce on top of the Brussels sprouts while they are hot.
9. Finally, sprinkle the dish with some sesame seeds and devour them as soon as possible to enjoy the crunchy texture.
What Are Some Other Ways I Can Enjoy Air Fried Brussels Sprouts?
Now that you have the recipe, you might be wondering if you can change the sauce to your liking. Fortunately, there are many other ways you can enjoy these vegetables. Here are the top ways in which you can change the recipe and add your own touch:
1. Chili Lime And Honey Sauce
Instead of the sauce we have given in the recipe above, you can always opt for the chili lime and honey sauce. All you have to do is mix 1/4th cup of sweet chili sauce, a teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of lime juice. Then, once you have taken the vegetables out of the air fryer, you can pour this sauce on them and enjoy it.
2. Garlic Balsamic Sauce
If you are a fan of balsamic vinegar, then this sauce will be the perfect addition for you. You can mince a garlic clove and mix it with a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Then, be sure to toss it with the Brussels sprouts once they are ready and crunchy.
3. Various Dipping Sauces
You don’t have to stick to creating your own sauces if you don’t want to. You can also serve Brussels sprouts with various dipping sauces available at your disposal. For example, you can serve vegetables with tartar, garlic aioli, remoulade, creamy jalapeno sauce, pesto sauce, and many others.
4. Breadcrumbs And Parmesan
Finally, if you want to give your Brussels sprouts an even crunchier texture, then you can opt to serve them with parmesan and breadcrumbs. You can combine 1/4th cup of panko breadcrumbs and parmesan in a bowl. Then, toss them with Brussels sprouts once they are fresh out of the air fryer.
How Do I Serve Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts?
Brussels sprouts are a versatile vegetable, and you can serve our air fryer recipe in many ways to your guests. Here are some of the top ways you can serve these vegetables:
You can serve the Brussels sprouts as an appetizer before any dish that you are serving as your main course. There are other dishes that you can serve them with, or you can let the Brussels sprouts be the main star. Many people serve them during holiday meals as an appetizer.
2. Side Dish
One of the best things about Brussels sprouts is that you can serve them as a side dish with any type of food. However, we recommend you to side them with main protein courses. These include roasted turkey, chicken, steak, pork, and more.
Finally, you don’t have to create this dish only when you are having a dinner party. Instead, you can also create this meal as a snack for yourself. It is a healthy and nutritious snack that is low on calories, so you won’t have to sacrifice your calorie intake too much.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 141 kcal
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 4.3 g