- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 ounces smoked sausage
- 6 ounces frozen shrimp (41-60), tails removed
- 1 Tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups frozen cut okra
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cans Hunt’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic
- ¾ chicken broth
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- Spray the inside of a 4-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients in this order – chicken, Creole seasoning, oregano, okra, onion, celery, green bell pepper, and undrained tomatoes into slow cooker.
- Add broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- 30 minutes before serving increase temperature setting to high and add frozen shrimp and smoked sausage, stir gently.
- Serve with buttered brown rice and hot sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours