1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 large eggs
10 slices bread (any kind)
1 cup pumpking purée
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup cream (half and half)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup brown sugar (or maple syrup)
1. Melt butter and pour in bottom of 9×13 glass baking pan.
2. Sprinkle pecans and 2 Tbsp of brown sugar in bottom of pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cinnamon, eggs, pumpkin, cream, milk, brown sugar and salt. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
4. Tear bread into large pieces and place in pan.
5. Pour mixture over bread.
6. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
7. Bake 1 hour covered at 350 degrees.
*Add 1/2 cup raisins or 1 cup grated apples to the pan before adding the egg mixture if desired.
*Omit the pumpkin and use 1 cup applesauce.
*Use cinnamon-raisin bread instead of plain bread.
Use maple syrup in place of the brown sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: casserole
Keywords: pumpkin French toast casserole bread pudding