It is important to ensure that you have everything you need for this recipe in your kitchen. Here are all the ingredients you will require for this recipe:
- 2 – 3 medium sweet potatoes sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- One tablespoon of melted butter
- One teaspoon of maple syrup
- One teaspoon of sugar
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- Cooking spray
You can keep a bag of mushrooms depending on the bites you create. Likewise, the number of pecans will also depend on the number of bites you have.
Now that you have all the ingredients at your disposal, here are all the steps you need to follow to create these sweet potato bites:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Take a baking tray and line it with a baking sheet.
3. Line up the sweet potato rounds with maple syrup and butter.
4. Make sure that each potato has an even layer of butter and maple syrup.
5. Season the sweet potatoes with kosher salt.
6. Toss the sweet potatoes in the oven and bake until they are tender.
7. Be sure to flip the sweet potatoes when you are halfway through, which will take about twenty minutes.
9. Transfer the baking sheet from the oven.
10. Switch your oven to broil.
11. Time to top each of the sweet potato bites with a marshmallow.
12. Broil the marshmallows for one to two minutes until they are golden and puffed.
13. Top each bite with a pecan.
14. The sweet potato bites are ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Calories: 86 kcal
- Sodium: 34 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg