- 6 medium size Russet Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Canola or Peanut Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces Mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2–3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Wash and pat dry whole potatoes, poke several times with a fork or the tip of a sharp knife.
- Lightly coat with oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 45-60 minutes in a preheated 400F oven until they yield to slight pressure,
- Remove and allow to cool until they can be safely handled.
- Slice potatoes in half length ways and using a spoon scoop out leaving ¼ inch of flesh.
- Mix together the oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper.
- Place potatoes flesh side up on a cooling rack place on a cooking sheet and brush on oil mixtue.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes in a 425F oven.
- Remove and flip potatoes and brush oil mixture on skin side.
- Cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove and flip potatoes again and add cheese (mounded up) and bacon.
- Place back in oven and cook for an additional 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and sliced green pepper.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes