We have kept the ingredients list as simple as possible so that you can get the most out of it without breaking the bank. Here are all the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- 2.5 pounds of potatoes, such as Russets or Yukon gold
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup of melted and unsalted butter
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
We use three kinds of cheese here to get that creamy texture, and the cheese pulls you have dreamed about. Once you have all the ingredients, you can move toward the recipe.
Now that you have all the ingredients, it is time to create the best side dish your family and guests will have. Here are all the steps you need to follow:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel all the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
3. Add the potatoes to a saucepan and pour some cold water to cover the potatoes for a few inches.
4. Cook the potatoes on medium heat for fifteen minutes.
5. Drain the water.
6. As the potatoes are cooking, you can chop the bacon into small pieces and then transfer it to a skillet.
7. Cook the bacon until it is brown and crispy.
8. Use a potato masher and mash the potatoes in a bowl until they are fluffy.
9. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, milk, butter, and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
10. Mix all of these ingredients until they have been combined well.
11. Then, add salt and pepper, half of the bacon, and some of the chives.
12. Stir everything till all of it is combined well.
13. Transfer it to a baking dish that you must better first.
14. Once the dish is full, add the remaining bacon, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese.
15. Transfer the dish inside the oven and bake it for half an hour until it is brown and golden.
16. Take it out, let the dish cool, and serve the cheesy mashed potatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Calories: 539 kcal
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 539 mg
- Fat: 34 g
- Saturated Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg