- 8 Cups of popped unsalted popcorn
- 1 Cup of mini pretzel twists
- 1/2 Cup salted mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup brown ale beer (we like Newcastle Brown Ale)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, pretzels and nuts, set aside.
- In a small saucepan on the stove, add the ale and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Pour ale into a measuring cup to make sure you have 1/4 cup, then return to saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and butter
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and syrupy.
- Remove from heat and add salt, stir well
- Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat evenly
- Spread mixture onto cookie sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes
- Cool completely, about 1 hour
- Break into pieces, store in airtight container
Rootbeer or Cola can be substituted for the beer
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup