- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 – 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 – 16 ounce bag wide egg noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the onion and ground beef together until all the pink is gone and beef crumbles, drain off excess fat.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Combine and simmer over low heat.
- Cook the egg noodles per package directions.
- Mix together the cooked noodles, cottage cheese, sour cream and softened crean cheese.
- Spread half the noodle mixture into a greased 13×9 baking dish, layer with meat mixture. Repeat both layers and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 F oven.
This casserole can be made ahead of time and either refrigerate or freeze for later.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes