- 3 to 4 lbs apples which equals about 10–12 apples, any kind, any flavor
- 1/2 cup water
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon *Note* this makes the applesauce have a strong cinnamon flavor. For a more subtle flavor cut down to ½ teaspoon
- 1/2 cup white sugar (or substitute with agave nectar) if using tart apples. If using a sweeter variety, sugar may be omitted.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Fill that slow cooker up! Pack the apples in because they cook down significantly.
- Place in slow cooker and add sugar, and cinnamon, toss to coat. Add water and stir well.
- Heat on high 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
- Remove lid to cool and slowly stir. If desired, mash apples with a potato masher.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Side Dish