There is something fun about eating food off a stick! These Turkey Cheddar Sausage Kabobs are not only fun to eat – they are fun to make! And they are delicious to eat and budget friendly to make!
Tired of making the same ol’ food for the big game? Are you searching through your recipes only to be disappointed that one didn’t just “pop” out at you? Well, your search is over! These delicious Turkey Cheddar Sausage Kabobs are not only a healthier choice, they are absolutely delicious and perfect whether you are entertaining a crowd or going to a friend’s house.
In a couple weeks, families and friends will gather around to watch the “big game.” Personally, I watch for the food, my house full of men would not agree though. Whether you are watching the game – enjoying the food – or both, it’s great to have easy to serve and eat recipes.
The ingredients for the Turkey Cheddar Sausage Kabobs are very simple. You can use any of your favorite veggies, I like to use some that give a variety of color such as yellow squash, green peppers, and cherry tomatoes. The marinade is made with ingredients I bet you have in your cupboard – honey, mustard, garlic, ginger, oil and soy sauce.
And of course the Johnsonville Turkey Cheddar Sausage. Did you see? The sausage has cheddar cheese in it? My family loved the variety of this flavor. Their flavor always delivers and they have many different varieties to meet any breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack need. Another great part about Johnsonville Turkey Cheddar Sausages is that they already come fully cooked, which makes these Sausage Kabobs super easy to make for game day. Maybe this game will be re-named the “Sausage Bowl” from now on.
These Turkey Cheddar Sausage Kabobs are a cinch to make and can even be prepped ahead as a time saver on the big day. For the marinade, combine the honey, mustard (I like spicy brown but you could use any type), and the other ingredients with the freshly cut veggies. The sausage can also be cut up and stored in a separate bowl from the veggies.
Jump ahead. The veggies are marinated. The skewers are done soaking. The oven is preheating. The baking sheet is lined with parchment paper. Now comes the best part; assembling.
These Turkey Cheddar Sausage Kabobs are really easy to put together so whether it’s with friends, roommates, or family, let everyone in on the fun. Nothing brings people together better than amazing food, great company and football!
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard or honey mustard
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 package, Johnsonville Turkey Sausage with Cheddar Cheese (13.5 oz package), cut into 36-1" pieces
- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 20 fresh mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed, cut in half
- 1 large green bell pepper, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- If using wooden skewers, place them in water about 20-30 minutes before grilling
- In a large bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients, add veggies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Thread sausage and veggies onto skewers, reserve marinade
- Set on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 16-20 Minutes, turning halfway through
- Serve immediately
You can also cook on the grill.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.