This Slow Cooker Italian Beef Stew combines the great flavors of Italian Beef Sandwiches with the ease of a Slow Cooker Recipe.
Serving my house full of men and stay within a budget can sometimes be a challenge. If I had my way, I would cook chicken almost every night, but Doug and the boys don’t necessarily agree. Italian Beef Sandwiches are a favorite around here, but a large Beef Roast is pricey. So I adapted this recipe by using Beef Stew Meat instead, but kept the same great flavors of Italian Beef.
Not only are the flavors in the recipe great, but it’s also a perfect dish for Summer. No one wants to be stuck in the kitchen cooking while the weather is nice. So why not, get out your Slow Cooker, toss the Italian Beef Stew in and enjoy the weather.
- 2 pounds Beef Stew Meat
- Flour and Seasonings to brown the Stew Meat
- 2 tablespoons Oil for frying
- 1 (15 oz) can Tomato Sauce with Italian Seasonings
- ½ Green Pepper, cleaned and sliced
- 1 medium Onion, cleaned and sliced
- 1 (12-16 oz) jar Pepperoncini Salad Peppers, drained and stems removed
- 1 (0.65 oz) envelope dry Italian Seasoning Mix (salad dressing type)
- In a medium bowl, add about ½ cup flour and seasonings that you like, coat the Stew Meat with flour mixture
- Heat skillet with oil, and brown Stew Meat
- In the meantime, cut the pepper and onion
- Add all ingredients to Slow Cooker
- After the meat is browned, drain if necessary and add to Slow Cooker
- Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours
- Serve with Rice if desired