When times get busy and stressful in my house, I like to turn to my slow cooker to help alleviate the dinner stress. That doesn’t change during the holidays. In fact, I probably use it even more often because I’m extra busy. A Slow Cooker Ham is perfect for this time of year!
For this recipe, I prep the ham the night before I’m going to serve it. I do this right inside of the slow cooker bowl. In the morning, I just set the cooker on low and go about my day. That evening I have a delicious smelling dinner ready to go.Dinner is free from stress and for a moment, it feels almost like I have a personal chef who did all the cooking.
This Slow Cooker Ham would be perfect for dinner on Christmas. Set it into the slow cooker in the morning as you are preparing your family Christmas breakfast. No stressing about dinner this holiday season, let the slow cooker do it all for you
- 1 (6-8 pound) Ham
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple, slices
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Cloves, whole
- Place ham in Slow Cooker
- Add whole cloves by pushing them into the ham
- Drain pineapple, reserve the juice in a measuring cup
- Add enough brown sugar to the juice to create a glaze
- Pour ½ glaze over ham
- Using toothpicks, add pineapple slices
- Pour remaining glaze over ham
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until golden and juicy