Like many others, one of our goals for this year is to eat healthier. We all want to eat healthy, but often time simply gets in the way. And honestly, for me, taste also is a big hurdle. Healthy food just doesn’t seem to taste as good as a luscious brownie.
It can be a struggle to eat healthy, but ultimately we all need to eat better. I see taste as a struggle, but also time. It’s still important to get dinner on the table quickly. These Shredded Beef Lettuce Wraps are a great Make Ahead Meal that the whole family will love.
This recipe is brought to you by Radish MiniSticks
Beginning with Slow Cooker Shredded Beef including lots of flavor from Roasted Garlic Rice Vinegar, Brown Sugar and Cumin, then a simple piece of bib lettuce filled with the Shredded Beef and topped with Radish MiniSticks, Carrot Sticks and a sprinkle of Green Onions. Pulling it all together is a delicious Asian Sauce made with Brown Sugar, Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce and more.
Cooking the Beef Roast ahead of time makes this meal super easy. You could also serve the Roast for one meal, then use the leftovers in the Lettuce Wraps, making the Beef Roast stretch into two meals.
Radish MiniSticks are available in the produce section at Walmart. They are ready to use in your salads, sandwiches, salsas and more. Add crunch to tuna or chicken salad, use as a topper for soups and salads, mix with mayo for a zippy spread or even top tacos, nachos and burritos.
- 4-5 pound Beef Chuck Roast
- 2½ cups Beef Broth (enough to cover roast)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Roasted Garlic Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Bib Lettuce (or Ice Berg, Head Lettuce, your favorite)
- Radish MiniSticks
- Carrots Sticks
- Green Onions
- ¾ cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- ⅓ cup Roasted Garlic Rice Vinegar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1½ tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger,grated
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Heat a large skillet with 1-2 tablespoons oil until very hot, add salt and pepper to roast.
- Place roast in skillet and brown on both sides and edges, cooking about 2 minutes each side
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, pour into Slow Cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. (cooking on low is better)
- Eat right away: let roast cool slightly, shred with 2 forks and fill lettuce
- Eat next day: place roast in refrigerator, when ready to serve, remove about 30 minutes before, slightly heat, shred with 2 forks and fill lettuce
- Whisk together water and cornstarch, set aside
- In a small saucepan, add all ingredients, heat to slight bubble
- Whisk in cornstarch mixture, cook sauce on medium-low stirring frequently until thick
- Let cool slightly
- Store leftovers in refrigerator, heat slightly before serving
- Add small amount Shredded Beef to lettuce, top with Radish MiniSticks,Carrot Sticks and Green Onions
- Spoon on Asian Sauce
For more information on Radish MiniSticks, visit their website
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch