Our family is a big fan of snack mixes, our favorite is the Chex Party Mix, but really any kind we love. So when I spotted this Savory Pretzel Snack Mix recipe, I knew we would enjoy snacking on it, and it would also make great gifts.
With simple ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand, you can whip up a batch of this Snack Mix in no time. And it can even be made up ahead, which is perfect during this busy Holiday season!
These cute little buckets are perfect for a Man or Woman. And although I love the Savory Pretzel Snack Mix in them, you could fill them with just about any special treat from your kitchen.
Treat Buckets Supplies
- Buckets – we found these at Walmart, in the floral department for less than $2 each
- Ribbon – we used velvet ribbon and blue baker’s twine
- Man Bucket – small screwdrivers and a tape measure
- Woman Bucket – silver monogram ornament
For the Man Bucket, I simply wrapped the baker’s twine around the bucket several times then slipped the screwdrivers under the twine to hold them. Then for the tape measure, I tied it on with small piece of twine.
For the Woman’s Bucket, I used glue to attach the ribbon around the bucket and added the monogram with glue also.
We used cheese crackers, pretzels and cocktail peanuts in the Snack Mix, but you can certainly change it up. The Italian Seasoning, Black Pepper and Garlic are mixed with melted butter and drizzled over the mix. Then off to the oven it goes…
Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 6 cups baked cheddar cheese crackers
- 1 (9 oz) package bite-size square pretzels
- 1 (12 oz) can cocktail peanuts
- ½ cup butter,melted
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and set out 2 cookie sheets with edges
- In a large bowl, combine crackers, pretzels and peanuts
- In a microwave safe container, melt the butter
- Stir in seasoning, pepper and garlic. Drizzle over cracker mixture, stir to coat
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
- Cool. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.